Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Dirty Dirty Fries - Hobgoblin Bristol


One place me and Curtis pop out for food too every now and then is Hobgoblin on Gloucester road. Pretty much just go for the Dirty Dirty Fries. Which is a pulled pork topped with spiced fries melted cheese and a drizzle of blue cheese/stilton on top. Don't be alarmed, if you hate blue cheese or any kind of strong cheese, you honestly can't taste it like you'd think. It just gives it a little extra flavour.
They do other foods too such as Burgers and Nachos too. 

Portions.. The portions are huge, Dirty Dirty Fries are typically for sharing. Which if I'm honest is more enjoyable to do. But occasionally me and Curt like to have a little food challenge, try and eat it all by ourselves. Which I've never done, but on Sunday I came very very close to eating it all. At just under £10 even if you're eating it alone it's worth the money, so it's a very 'budget friendly' meal if you're sharing it.

[Dirty Dirty Fries - Hobgoblin]
The inside of Hobgoblin is a very relaxed atmosphere, I'd say it has a very student feel to it. Maybe it's because of, all the students that go their for their famously known Dirty Dirty Fries and Burgers. Or because of the fact it's close to Gloucester road's pubs/bars. They're also known for their food Challenge called 'The Kraken', see photo below for info.
[http://www.eatingchallenges.co.uk/the-kraken-burger-in-bristol/]
I'd definitely tell anyone I know to visit this place! Even just once to give it a try, because to me it's worth it. Even if you are so full you can't move for 5 days after...
Below you'll see before/after photos of my almost completely finished Dirty Dirty Fries.. As you can tell I do have a pretty big appetite. 

[(Before) Dirty Dirty Fries - Hobgoblin, Bristol]
[(After) Dirty Dirty Fries - Hobgoblin, Bristol]
Anyone reading this should definitely go visit Hobgoblin soon for a feast. But as for me.. I'm not quite ready to eat these again just yet - maybe in a week or so ;-)

Follow me on Blog Lovin' here!!

(Hobgoblin Bristol Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Hobgoblin.bristol)

No comments:

Post a Comment