Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Getting Back On Track After Weeks Of Bad Eating Habits!


Hello everyone!! Well Valentines day and Pancake day came around fast since the 'new years resolutions' kicked off. I don't know about all of you but, since it was my Birthday the weekend before Valentines, then it was Valentines day and then Pancake day. I haven't had the perfect diet recently, I've been trying to be healthy in between these events but I've practically been using them as an excuse to eat crappy foods. 
I also know I'm not the only one doing this! Speaking to friends, they've been telling me they need to get back on track since the mid Feb binge too.

I'm going to tell you some of my tips to get back on track. Getting back on track is the hardest part, once you're back in to the swing of it, people find it's not that difficult. Everyone is different, but this is the way I make myself get back on track. And it's worked almost every time since 2011 so I must be doing at least something right..

For your first day of healthy eating chose your, favourite healthy meals!
This one may sound crazy, as a lot of people take the 'straight in to clean eating approach', but it's not always realistic to stick to plain broccoli and boiled chicken breast - blugh!! If you chose your favourite healthy meals for the first day, for example healthy 2 ingredient pancakes for breakfast, nice filling soup for lunch, and a healthy pasta dish for dinner. It will give you that little extra motivation to get started, as you'll be eating meals you enjoy! Once you're started and you're feeling better about yourself, you should find your healthy diet begins to fall back in to place again.

Look at progress photos.
Look at progress photos to remind yourself how far you've came already. If you're only just starting up, look at other peoples progress photos for motivation :-)

Find healthy snacks you enjoy. 
Having these snacks around the house will, make sure you're more likely to pick these over the chocolate or crisps in the house. Things like grapes, carrot sticks, healthy crackers and banana's are my fave's!!

Don't weigh yourself!
You may feel differently about this yourself, but I rarely weigh myself anyway (as I understand how much my weight fluctuates) but I'd say not to weigh yourself at all after a few weeks of bad eating. If you find out you've gained back 5lbs, it's not exactly going to put you in the great, motivated mood you need to be in to get back in to healthy eating.. I also wouldn't weigh myself until atleast 1-2 weeks after I've been healthy eating, giving you time to have lost all the bloat and any water weight you may have gained.

Exercise.
Get moving to feel more energised and happy. You'll find the happier and more positive you feel the more likely you'll feel up to sticking to your healthy diet. I'm also one that, hates to ruin a good workout with a bad meal. So exercising gives me a little extra will power to say no to the unhealthy dinner, that I may of otherwise ate.

Set yourself a target.
Such as, get back in to healthy eating now, to then "wait until Grans birthday meal at mid March for a bad meal". This makes some people feel better, as they know that they get to still eat their fave foods at some point soon. You just need to keep the will power and motivation, to not let that bad meal turn in to a few weeks of bad eating!!

Make a meal plan.
List all of your favourite healthy meals and make a meal plan. Then you've pretty much already made the decision on what to eat everyday. Making it less likely for you to pick a bad meal choice, while you're last minute deciding on your dinner.

Buy a fitness and health magazine.
I love buying a fitness and health magazine while trying to get back on track. Looking at all the people looking fit and healthy inside, reading the motivational stories, healthy recipe ideas, fitness tips and my favourite - cute gym clothes. It just makes me feel really motivated and wanting to recreate these meals, try out the exercises and buy the cute clothes. 


These tips on getting back on track, may not work for you. Of course this is because every one is different and have different things that make them feel really motivated or that help them to get back on track. I love being healthy, and I do generally prefer healthy food now. But even I crave bad foods at times, and I eat unhealthy on events like recently Birthday/Valentines/Pancake day. I also still struggle to get back on track at times, but you'll find once you figure out what works for you, it will be a whole lot easier to get back on track. 

I've heard that if you do something everyday, that after 21 days it becomes a habit. This may or may not be true. But even if it's not, it's still worth a try! So be healthy for 21 days (or more!!!) and try make it a habit!

Follow me on Blog Lovin' here!!

Nicole
xxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment